In regards to the upcoming WONDER WOMAN
live action TV series, two points…
1) ARE YOU S***ING ME! This is the “best” that can be done with such an iconic character as Wonder Woman?
2) Adrianne Palicki, you are TOO hot and TOO talented to do this.
"Run Adrianne, run away NOW!
It’s bad. Not just bad, but BAD. Quite frankly, it’s an embarrassment to the character and I can’t believe that this newly formed DC Entertainment would sign off on such crap.
Yeah, I’m talking BATMAN AND ROBIN, CATWOMAN, and STEEL embarrassing.
I’m not going to waste your time or mine with a word-for-word, “in depth” analysis of this thing, OK? I’ll simply give you a few snippets of this horror…
* Diana Themyscira. Diana Themyscira? Anyway, she lives in LA, runs “Themyscira Industries” by day, and kicks crime’s ass by night as Wonder Woman. While everyone knows that the CEO of the company is Wonder Woman, they are completely clueless that “Diana Prince” is the secret identity of both Wonder Woman and Diana Themyscira. How? She does a “Clark Kent” and disguises herself with a ponytail, glasses, and contact lenses.
* She wears some sort of cat suit-ish, spandex outfit. Now she does own the classic Wonder Woman costume -- it’s a HUGE seller for Themyscira Industries apparently -- but the original real deal has been put aside and is hanging in the back of her closet.
* While there’s no invisible plane, there is “The Ultimate Air Machine.” And it’s made by BMW, FYI.
* Music? Oh there’s music! The soundtrack consists of tracks by Beyonce, Katy Perry, Blondie, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, and Christina Aguilera. Yea!
"On FILM, not TV!"
Warner Bros./DC Comics/DC Entertainment…come on now y’all! There’s NO WAY IN HELL this -- this SEX IN THE CITY meets comic book superheroes -- is going to work. I know it, the fans know it, and YOU know it.
PLEASE, put this thing out of its misery NOW and hire a creative team to bring us a great live-action Wonder Woman film.
How about a Wonder Woman period piece set during World War II? That would be original! Oh wait, you all had your chance to do that and thought it was a bad idea, right? (Check out my 2007 script review of said WWII-era WONDER WOMAN film HERE.)
Remember that when THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA hits theaters this Summer.