Warner Bros. provided BOF with the trailer for the upcoming animated film, BATMAN: YEAR ONE, details on the release, and the screening at Comic Con International San Diego 2011. Check it out...
BATMAN: YEAR ONE stars Benjamin McKenzie (Bruce Wayne/Batman), Bryan Cranston (Jim Gordon), Eliza Dushku (Selina Kyle/Catwoman) and Katee Sackhoff (Sarah Essen) wil be the "World Premiere" at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 22nd at 8:00 PM (Pacific) in Ballroom 20, followed by a panel discussion with cast and crew. BOF will be attending the screening as well as all press oppertunities that will be available, so STAY TUNED!
Here's the trailer...
Here's the details via the brand new press release...
BURBANK, CA, (July 13, 2011) – Comics legend Frank Miller’s classic retelling of Batman’s gritty, formative days makes its full-length animated debut in Batman: Year One, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives October 18, 2011 from Warner Home Video as a Blu-ray™ Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP), On Demand and for Download. Order due date is September 13, 2011.
Batman: Year One is based on the landmark 1987 DC Comics titles from 12-time Eisner Award winner Frank Miller and illustrator David Mazzucchelli. The film depicts young Bruce Wayne’s return to Gotham City in his first attempts to fight injustice as a costumed vigilante. The playboy billionaire chooses the guise of a giant bat to combat crime, creates an early bond with a young Lieutenant James Gordon (who is already battling corruption from inside the police department), inadvertently plays a role in the birth of Catwoman, and helps to bring down a crooked political system that infests Gotham.
Primetime television stars Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Eliza Dushku, and Katee Sackhoff provide the core voices for Batman: Year One. Three-time Emmy® Award winner Cranston gives voice to young Jim Gordon, while McKenzie makes his animated voiceover debut as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Fanboy favorites Dushku and Sackhoff fill the roles of Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Detective Sarah Essen, respectively. Alex Rocco is the voice of crime lord Carmine Falcone.
Animation master Bruce Timm is executive producer of Batman: Year One. Directors are Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu from a script penned by Academy Award® nominee Tab Murphy.
Batman: Year One Blu-ray Combo Pack has almost 3 hours of exciting content, including:
* Feature film
* Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
* Showcase Animated Original Short – “Catwoman”: This all-new entry to the growing canon of DC Universe animated shorts features the first first solo tale centered around Catwoman. The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Catwoman is voiced by Eliza Dushku.
* Featurette –“Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots”: “The Dark Knight Returns” provided the denouement of Batman's life. Frank Miller's next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary uncovers the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
* Featurette –“Conversations with DC Comics”: The Batman creative team at DC Entertainment discusses the personal influence of “Batman: Year One” on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors and artists of the Batman lore, focusing their dialogue on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
* Audio Commentary with Alan Burnett, Sam Liu, Mike Carlin and Andrea Romano
* “Batman: Year One, Chapter 1” Digital Comic Book
* Two bonus episodes from “Batman: The Animated Series,” handpicked by Bruce Timm
* Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
* Digital copy on disc of the feature film compatible with iTunes and Windows