Is Warner Bros. Splitting BvS Into Two Parts?
Henry Cavill Says it's BS! Author: Bill "Jett" Ramey (Follow @BATMANONFILM)
January 12, 2015
FINAL UPDATE! Despite the fact that I called BS on this rumor from the get-go, there were still A LOT of fans who believed (or really, Really, REALLY wanted to believe) that the rumor was true. Hopefully, they'll now believe Henry Cavill who told VARIETY.COM that it was horse crap...
"An Internet rumor that spread last week about Warner Bros. splitting BATMAN v SUPERMAN into two films turned out to be false. Henry Cavill, who plays Superman, confirmed over the weekend to Variety that the tentpole sequel directed by Zack Snyder will be released as one film."
Now, can we finally shut the door on this nonsense? BOF's original report is after the jump.
While I rarely give this sort of stuff (i.e. an internet hoax) any sort of run on BOF, I thought it was worth hearing what you all think of it.
It seems that this image…
…has been making the ‘rounds on the Net. Apparently, the claim is that it’s from the end of BATMAN v SUPERMAN’s first teaser trailer (which has long been done and now is rumored to be “attached” to Warner Bros.’ JUPITER RISING in February) and indicates that the film is being divided into two parts. Part One would be subtitled ENTER THE KNIGHT and Part Two would be subtitled DAWN OF JUSTICE. They would be released on October 23, 2015 and March 25, 2016 respectively.
Let me say that while I’ve heard absolutely nothing about the film possibly being split into two parts. I did check with Warner Bros. and got the standard “we don’t comment on rumors” response that I expected. So officially, WB is neither confirming nor denying the rumor. However, I’m going to call BS on this and chalk it up to someone’s Photoshopped image released online with the desire to make viral waves and stir up fanboys. A kinda-sorta giveway is that the release dates for both films are formatted Y/M/D, as opposed to M/D/Y as done in the U.S. Sure, this could be from a foreign version of the trailer, but I doubt it. I’ve got to think Warner would be freaking out if something this important was illicitly revealed online and they are not.
UPDATE: The URL shown on the image is NOT the film's official website - the "v" is missing. Thus, this rumor is DEBUNKED!
UPDATE #2: If Warner Bros. was splitting this film into two parts - with the "Enter The Knight" subtitle - they would've secured that domain LONG ago. They didn't; nor did they secure ANY domains even close to it. Again, this rumor is DEBUNKED - no matter how bad fanboys want it to be true.
UPDATE #3: Just got an email from my BvS spoilerless scooper "Shoeless," and he said, "I've got word on that crap going on. It's total sh*t." DE-F'n-BUNKED!